The human foot and ankle contain 26 bones (1/4 of the bones in our body are in our feet), 33 joints and over 100 muscles. It also has at least 50 tendons and ligaments. Tendons are the fibrous tissues that connect the bones to the muscles, while ligaments are also fibrous tissues that connect the bones together.
The feet are indeed a complex evolutionary wonder. The framework and the other parts of the feet work together to handle our upper body weight, as well as to help us stand and do various kinds of movements. Our feet also act as shock absorbers when we’re walking, running or jumping. But unfortunately, the feet are also prone to stress, pain and injuries, just like the other parts of our body.
Even so, perhaps the feet may be the most abused part of our body, but we admit that we often ignore them, so we unwittingly tend to abuse them more. But do we have to wait to actually feel agonizing pain in our feet so that we can finally realize what’s wrong with them?
With your strenuous daily activities such as commuting to work or school and sporting activities, or a full day of shopping and travelling, at the end of the day your feet will be the first to feel tiredness, pain and soreness.
You should not let yourself get to that point where your feet feel excruciatingly painful and experience more serious ailments. There are a lot of options where you can get a soothing foot massage, therapy or reflexology.
But unless you have a lot of sources to spare, going to a foot spa on a regular basis may be impractical. And for this, we have found a massaging machine that will give your feet the TLC they need — and you don’t need to call a professional for that.
Introducing the uComfy Shiatsu Foot Massager with Heat! It is one of the current high-end massaging machine model that offers relaxing massage to the feet.
While it is still basic compared to other foot massagers, it offers adequate features such as various intensity settings and different massage actions. The uComfy Shiatsu Foot Massager is ideal especially for the first time users.
The uComfy Shiatsu Foot Massager with Heat features and functions:
- It has five different intensity settings, ensuring you get a comforting massage rather than a painful one
- It has graduated intensity settings
- This shiatsu foot massager has a kneading shiatsu-style massage and a vibration massage.
- The foot covers are removable via zippers and are machine washable
- The uComfy Shiatsu Foot Massager with Heat weighs 12 pounds.
- It measures 17.7 x 15 x 18.1 inches.
How does it work?
Just slip your feet inside the foot apertures and turn the power on. When the machine is turned on, the timer will automatically start at 15 minutes. And then the machine will do all the massaging work. You can adjust the heat level and the intensity level of the massage according to your preference.
- At 12 pounds and with its relative large size, it can’t be considered as exactly portable, but it is lightweight enough to carry around the house and to store. It can also fit a large bag or suitcase.
- Based on the principles of foot reflexology, the uComfy Shiatsu Foot Massager uses an Acupressure massage that is ideal for for massaging and loosening the tight, sore muscles of your feet, relaxing and soothing them in the process.
- It improves your blood circulation.
- It helps you relax and encourages better sleep.
- It helps in fighting depression.
- It helps in easing pre-menstrual syndrome (PMS) symptoms and menopause symptoms.
- The intensity level and the heat level can be adjusted depending on your preference.
- It is not so noisy compared to other foot massaging machines.
- Those with large or wide feet may find the machine tight and restrictive.
- The massage action may pinch and exert an uncomfortable amount of pressure
- Those with large feet (14 feet or bigger) may not fit inside the unit.
Instead of going to a foot spa or a professional reflexologist, using a foot massager at home is a cost-effective means of getting a soothing and relaxing massage in the comfort of your home. You can use the uComfy Shiatsu Foot Massager after a tiring day at work or at any strenuous activity.
Check out more customer reviews on Amazon and other websites for more helpful details and feedback on the uComfy Shiatsu Foot Massager.